Bad Name

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM
I would strongly recommend that you change the name of this project, unless you want GNU Foundation, SendMail Consortium, or SendMail, Inc., to sic their lawyers on you. Even if this is a port of SendMail to C#/.NET, it should still be renamed, to something like SendMail.NET.
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM
Mmmm. It doesn't seem to have prevented GNU, the consortium or the inc. to all have the same name? Why not a CodePlex project? (BTW, it's not a port of anything).

However, you are probably right and I should look at better name (it was a little too generic anyway). Do you happen to know the best way of doing this? Is it just a matter of renaming the project on the home page (as well as exe's/source etc..)?? Or would it be better to clear this one out and just upload to a brand new project?

Thanks
Paul.
Mar 10, 2009 at 2:41 AM
I imagine either all three entities with respect to the official *nix SendMail application all three are the same person, otherwise they likely have permission to reuse the name. At any rate, I mainly just think SendMail was a very confusing name. This site has had a lot of hits already, I suspect it's because of confusion from people are looking for *nix SendMail.

I believe you can rename the project here:
http://send2smtp.codeplex.com/Project/EditProjectDetails.aspx

..... but come to look at it, it looks like you figured that out.

Cool project, by the way.